Purim Parties Across the Oy Bay Area
Posted by Oyster on March 2, 2007
Purim is almost upon us, and I decided to put together a listing of all of the known Purim happenings this weekend. Oh, and marvel at Ah-Haman-inejad with his Hamantaschen ears. Someone, please give this man a Q-tip! And don’t forget, we are to fight Amalek in every generation…
- ISO Party TONIGHT. Stanford University, Lyman Atrium. 8:45 PM. Free.
- The JDate-sponsored South Bay Purim Masquerade Ball in Santa Clara. Put on by the SVYAD, Hillel of Silicon Valley, and AEPi. Saturday.
- Stanford Hillel Party. Saturday.
- Purim party in SF put on by the Hub, Saturday.
- Megillah Reading with the Mission Minyan! Saturday.
- Shivat Tzion, Berkeley, Saturday.
- Santa Cruz Hillel, Saturday.
- Purimpalooza in SF, on Sunday. The original and best, people!!
And for the not-so-young adult parties:
- Travelling Jewish Theatre and the Jewish Music Festival, now these guys know how to party!
- Chabad, Berkeley, Saturday.
- JSOF, East Bay, Sunday.
- Chabad, Berkeley, Sunday.
We also got a random Purim greeting of ‘Mishlakh Manot’ (traditional Purim gift-baskets) from an anonymous Oy Bay fan known only as ‘Baruch’. He’s hella ‘ghetto’ here. Notice the old-skool wheels, the bags tagged with ‘PURIM’, and his skull-&-crossbones hat with boyscout kerchief. Thanks dude!
Pour ’em Purim is one of the two Jewish holidays were it is not only permitted to get drunk, but it’s actually a mitzvah! I hope everyone is so happy & giddy this Purim that they cannot tell the difference between “cursed is Haman”, and “blessed is Mordekhai”! Shabbat Shalom, and Khag Purim Same’akh, from the Oy Bay team.