Oy Bay Dragnet – Thanksgiving Edition
Posted by Oyster on November 20, 2007
It’s been a while since we netted a big harvest, but it’s bountiful mateys! Who knew that wild turkeys swam in the murky, brackish bay water!?
- Our little sister, CBDYAG blog, gets a gajillion hits for Thanksgiving-related searches.
- We found some new Oy Bay Area Jew blogs! Like Back of the Hill, who is trying to figure out why Orthodox Jews study Nazi sex fantasies day & night. Or the vigilant pro-Israel agitations of her majesty, Cinnamon Stillwell. And I was totally floored to find out that the JSN has surreptitiously started a parasha ha’shvuah (weekly Torah portion) blog, and then had the supreme chutzpah not to inform me. Here’s an entry about Thanksgiving.
- Heather Gold has a podcast up of her latest kibbitz blowout.
- Black Jews, Christians, & Muslims in Uganda grow caffinated beans for fun & profit.
- Friar Yid whipping up a tizzy over at his home turf.
- Eli Raber of the Bay Area Tribe wants ALL BAY AREA YIDS to report for drunken ridiculousness this Hanukah.
- Ba’Inyanim posted something. In Hebrew. I’m sure its awesome, whatever it says about young Israelis returning (tshuvah?).
- Sra bitch-slaps the Jewish establishment. Upside the head. With a knuckle-duster.
- Rachel waxes nostalgic over the ten years since she became a Daughter of the Covenant.
- In case you forgot, Thanksgiving is totally kosh!
Did I miss something here? Email me (oyster<at>oy-bay.org) or leave a comment, and I’ll be sure to update the list!
For ChallahBackGirl: Thanksgiving, turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, thanks-giving, pilgrims, Indians, family dinner, cornucopia, pumpkin, grace, corn, thanksgiving, dumplings, flight, travel… 😉