Jewish Teen Coalition (JTC) Part-Time Advisor Wanted
Posted by challahbackgirl on March 4, 2008
Jewish Teen Coalition (JTC)
Palo Alto, California
The Jewish Teen Coalition (JTC) is a student led alliance of teen leaders affiliated with BBYO, JCHS, Kehillah Jewish High School, NCSY, NFTY, PJCTF, Woodside Priory High School, Tzofim, and USY. JTC organizes regional events and projects in order to foster a sense of community among Jewish youth of the South Peninsula. The JTC is currently planning events and campaigns this spring and seeks a part-time Advisor. If you love the idea of working with self-motivated teen leaders to create community-wide programs, this job is for you!
We are looking for an advisor with a fun, outgoing, and enthusiastic personality, who is ready to give his/her time and energy to supporting any project we take on.
· Establish strong relationships with teens and community members.
· Serve as mentor to encourage teen leadership and empowerment, and to support teens regarding viability, Jewish content, and quality of proposed activities.
· Communicate and collaborate with educators, program providers and other leaders in the community to identify Jewish engagement opportunities with other organizations.
· Chaperone and assist in the planning and implementation of JTC events.
· Facilitate planning of and attend monthly meetings on Sunday mornings.
· Be available via internet and phone for one-on-one consultation with JTC leaders as needed.
· Flexible hours needed: requires some evening and weekend work.
· Work with JTA and TCI regional directors and representatives from Kehillah Jewish High School to evaluate program as needed.
· Provide written progress reports as needed.
· Fulfill other responsibilities as defined.
· Knowledgeable about Judaism/Jewish culture
· Experience working with teens, ideally in informal Jewish education
· Superior interpersonal and organizational skills
· Experience forming collaborative partnerships with multiple organizations
· Experience planning events
· Experience working as a youth educator or leader with non-profit organization(s)
· Prefer knowledge/experience with South Peninsula Jewish community and local organizations
$400 – $500/month, 15 – 20 hours/month, 10 months/year (excluding June and July)
Submit a resume and cover letter to aschrek[at]tcionline.org by Friday March 14, 2008.