Jewish Media Internship (Paid)
Posted by Oyster on June 2, 2008
Media Intern for Jewish New Media Network (Oy Bay!) – San Jose, CA (paid summer internship)
Oy Bay! (oy-bay.org), owned by the Jewish New Media Network (jnmn.org), is a blog dedicated to news, groups, events, and goings-on for young Jews in the greater San Francisco Bay Area. It is meant not just to be a communal listing as other sites currently are used, but also as a forum for discussions on events and issues pertinent to you. Founded in 2006, Oy Bay is read by over 600 unique visitors a day and over 20,000 per month.
With a new venture backed by ROI120 and the Schusterman Family Foundation’s Center for Leadership Initiatives, we are about to explode our blog beyond the Bay Area into other regional markets, including Los Angeles, Washington D.C. and Chicago.
As a Media Intern reporting to the Director you will focus on writing, discovering and experiencing different facets of Jewish life in the Bay Area. The goal of the Media Intern is to provide the highest quality experience to our readers.
This is a position designed to attract highly motivated individuals that possess a positive attitude and strong attention to detail.
- Writing daily blog articles about Jewish events in the Bay Area and other Jewish interests.
- Attending Jewish events throughout the Bay Area
- Interfacing with readers in a support capacity and marketing the blog
- Working closely with our team of writers to provide operational support
- Work with clients to digitize and upload content
- Perform ad hoc projects, as needed
- Minimum one year experience in writing, including but not limited to a school newspaper, English class, or other publication.
- Interest and understanding of technology oriented concepts and social networking
- Computer Literate: Completely comfortable working in an online environment
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills via the phone, email and internet
- Proficient Typist: > 40 WPM (“hunt and peck” will not work in our environment)
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and take the initiative to get things done
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, confident and tenacious
- Desire and ability to not just work hard but, to work “smart”
Working at the Jewish New Media Network:
At the Jewish New Media Network you will work hard and be driven to succeed in a tightly-linked team environment.
Jewish New Media Network is an equal opportunity employer.
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume, and one writing sample to: email@example.com